With the rapid development of abrasive belt grinding technology, it is playing an increasingly important role in the field of manufacturing and processing. The superior grinding performance and flexible process characteristics of the belt determine its extremely wide range of applications from everyday. From all walks of life to industrial production, abrasive belt grinding is used in almost all areas. Specifically in:
1) Abrasive belt grinding can grind almost all engineering materials. In addition to materials that can be machined by grinding, it can also process non-ferrous metals such as copper and aluminum and non-metallic soft materials such as wood, leather and plastic. In particular, the "cold" grinding effect of abrasive belt grinding makes it a unique advantage when machining heat-resistant and hard-to-grind materials.
2) Abrasive belt grinding can process workpieces of various shapes with high surface quality and high precision. Abrasive belt grinding not only can process common flat, inner and outer round surfaces, but also can process large or irregular parts with high surface quality and high precision with high efficiency.
(1) Polishing of large-area plates. The width of the grinding wheel is only 1000mm, and the belt can be more than 2500mm. In practice, the common processing width of abrasive belt grinding is 50~2000mm, and the processing thickness is 0.4~150mm. Its productivity is up to 1000m2 / h. This wide belt grinding can be widely used in steel plates, stainless steel plates, silicon steel sheets, aluminum sheets, copper sheets, particle boards, plywood, medium density fiberboard, leather, insulation boards, ceramic boards and astronauts, ships and nuclear physics research equipment. Surface processing of various high-precision, low-roughness large-sized sheets used. Precision machining of interrupted planes such as the section of the engine's gearbox can also be formed by grinding with a wide belt and ensuring a better seal than conventional milling and planing surfaces.
(2) Continuous polishing of metal strip or wire. Due to the development of wide belt grinding, the thin strip has the same grinding conditions over the entire width, so that local stress is not excessive and stress deformation occurs, so cold rolled steel strip, copper, aluminum strip and others The surface of the alloy strip or the like is suitable for continuous polishing with a belt. The processing width is 600~2100mm, the processing thickness is 0.1~2.2mm, the surface roughness value is Ra3.2~0.1mm, and the strip running speed is 3~80m/min. Planetary belt grinding provides a very efficient and economical method of polishing stainless steel or other materials. Known wire polishing diameters range from 0.8 to 20 mm. Continuous running speed is 6~150m/min.
(3) The inside and outside of the workpiece with a large aspect ratio are polished. In the modern industry, the processing of the outer circle of the large-sized shaft-shaped workpiece with a large aspect ratio and the inner circular surface of the tubular workpiece is very convenient to use the abrasive belt grinding. It can generally be achieved by adding a belt grinding device to a large standard equipment. For large batches, a special belt grinder can be used. For example, the outer circumference of workpieces such as large generator rotors, rolls, paper dryers, and the inner circular surface of workpieces such as cylinders, oil pipes, and pressure vessels.
(4) Polishing of complex shaped workpieces. The forming and grinding of curved workpieces is difficult. However, the flexibility of the belt can be used to easily process a variety of complex curved surfaces with a radius of curvature of only 3 mm, and the belt can also be polished. Such as aircraft engine pages, steam turbine blades, navigation blades, condenser lamp bowls, mirrors, cutlery, handles, plumbing appliances, etc., can be used for high-efficiency and high-quality polishing.
3) Abrasive belt grinding equipment is available in various forms and varieties. It can be carried out on a variety of general purpose belt grinding equipment. The general-purpose belt grinding equipment has a small portable belt machine, a universal belt machine and a bench belt machine; a large outer belt grinding machine, a flat belt grinding machine, a centerless belt grinding machine and an inner belt grinding machine. Wait. Special belt grinding machines include camshaft belt profile grinding machines, industrial tank belt belt polishing machines, automobile wheel end face belt belt polishing machines, and blade CNC belt belt polishing machines.